This image can be used commercially
Walnut Tree Lane, Nottingham
Walnut Tree Lane
About this image
The sites of demolished houses on Walnut Tree Lane, showing St Nicholas' Church tower in the centre. The original church was razed to the ground by Colonel Hutchinson in the Civil War. The new church was built in 1671-82. The houses in Walnut Tree Lane and the surrounding area were demolished to make way for Maid Marian Way, which was built in the 1960s. In the distance, the dome of the Council House, built in the Old Market Place in 1927-9 by Cecil T Howitt, is visible.