About this image
The Alpine Works were built as the Prince of Wales Brewery for W H Hutchinson and Sons Ltd. The buildings were designed by William Bradford of Carlton Chambers of Regent Street, plans being submitted for approval in 1891. The brewery was bought from Hutchinson's by Home Brewery Company Ltd. in 1916 and vacated by them in 1920. The buildings were then sold to Murphy in 1921 who renamed them the Old Basford Mills and supplied chemicals to industry including the brewing industry.