This image can be used commercially
St Matthias' Church - Shown before the surrounding streets were developed
Nottingham City Council
St Matthias Road
About this image
Looking from Carlton Road, with Matthias Road on the left of the church, shown here as a rural lane, prior to the late victorian development of terraced housing. The foundation stone was laid in June 1867 by Earl Manvers in 1867 and dedicated to St Matthias by the Bishop of Lincoln on May 6th 1868.