This group of buildings is on the south side of Plum Street. The Great Central Railway viaduct is just visible at the right of the picture. The end of the terrace was demolished to make way for the railway.
Note the bricked up windows on the second floor. In 1746, a heavy excise duty on glass was introduced, and it was increased over the years until the tax was abolished in 1861. During the interval many windows were blocked.