About this image
From its foundation in 1881, the University College came under the authority of the Nottingham Corporation and the College's management committee was controlled by the Town Council. (In 1906-1908 D H Lawrence was a student at the University College). It was originally located on Shakespeare Street before the University re-located to its present Highfields site between Lenton-Dunkirk-Beeston. The photograph here shows part of the medal issued to school children attending the event. Other pictures on the web site (see NTGM005146), show crowds watching the procession of King George V and Queen Mary past the Trent Building on the day.