Dates of Successive Churches
1. NOTTINGHAM GUARDIAN 9 February 1911 gives sketch of church with dovecot belfry made by Stretton in early 19th century which he terms 'The ancient church occupying the same site until its demolition in 1809'
2. A note in Sneinton Parish Magazine declares that the church was repaired in 1558 after a great storm vide Dr Plot. It gives no references.
3. THOROTON'S HISTORY 1790 gives an old print of a church very similar to the Stretton sketch save that tile windows are larger & the buttresses are omitted. It has a dovecot belfry.
4. COUNTY PEDIGREES NOTTS (under 'Booth') gives a sketch of the church 'which replaced an earlier one with dovecot belfry and was itself pulled down in 1838' It is battlemented and has a tower.
5. R MELLORS' 'SNEINTON THEN AND NOW' states 'the old church pulled down and a brick one erected in 1810.'
6. ORANGE?S HISTORY OF NOTIM 1840 states that the small chapel at Sneinton was rebuilt 1810 ~ opened 11 Nov 1810. CONCLUSIONS The medieval church existed till 1558 when it was rebuilt; The 1558 church was destroyed and a new one built 1810; The 1810 church was replaced in 1839 by Rickman; Rickman's church was replaced in 1909/12 by Bodley and Hare.
THERE HAVE THUS BEEN 1. The medieval church 2. 1558 3. 1810 4. 1839 5. 1912