This image can be used commercially
Central Market - Fish Market
Nottingham City Council
King Edward Street
About this image
The Central Market was opened 21 November 1928. It was relocated here from the Market Square at the time when the Council House was built and The Market Square was refurbished with its 'slabs'. The Central Market shown here, with its distinctive hanging tin signs, was again re-located to Victoria Centre in the early 1970's when that was built, and was sadly missed by Nottingham shoppers. A modern brick two-storey development stands in its place.