Looking north towards Upper Parliament Street.
The former Elite Cinema was built in 1921 to a design by London architects, Adamson and Kinns. Its impressive exterior of glazed terracotta with niches containing emblematic figures was complimented internally nu a foyer, lifts, cafes and restaurants, one of which could be converted to a ballroom. It ceased as a cinema in 1977, followed by a period as a bingo hall. It is currently home to the 'Gatecrasher' family of nightclubs and they have kept a lot of the original interior decor.
This image appears in 'Greater Nottingham' by Geoffrey Oldfield, published in 2006 by The Book Guild Ltd.