This image can be used commercially
Elliot's Mill, Gauntly Street, Off Radford Road, Hyson Green, Nottingham, 1930
Nottingham City Council
c 1890's-1900's ?
Gauntly Street, Off Radford Road
Nottingham, Hyson Green
About this image
Also known as the 'Mill in the Hole'. Now demolished. The Mill straddled the River Leen, using it as a power source. The river can be seen on the left. The older house on the right section of the buildings was later run as a shop by an A Mellors. The mill itself has an enamel sign on it for 'Thorley's Food', and there is a sign by the open doorway, again saying 'A Mellors, Corn Dealer'. The mill can be seen at a later date in NTGM003361, where the old stone arched bridge seen here has been replaced by a brick one.