This image can be used commercially
Lord Dearing (L) and Vice Chancellor Sir Colin Campbell unveil a plaque for the Golden Jubilee of th
© Nottingham Evening Post
Nottingham Evening Post Group Ltd
Trent Building - University of Nottingham, University Park.
About this image
The University re-located to its present site between Lenton, Dunkirk and Beeston in 1928. (The old location was the Victorian high gothic University College building on Shakespeare Street.) The new buildings were officially opened by King George V and Queen Mary. In August 1948, the University College received the royal charter granting full University status and the power to confer its own degrees. Prior to this date students at Nottingham received degrees from the University of London. (Parts of the old University College buildings were then used as Nottingham Central Library before becoming what is today part of Nottingham Trent University.)