This image can be used commercially
The Trent Building from Highfields park and lake - University of Nottingham
G D Christian
Christian, G D
University of Nottingham Campus, University Park.
About this image
Showing the Trent Building. Highfields recreational gardens, pavilion and boating lake are in the foreground. The University re-located to its present site between Lenton, Dunkirk and Beeston in 1928. (The old location was the Victorian high gothic University College building on Shakespeare Street.) The new buildings were officially opened by King George V and Queen Mary. In August 1948, the University College received the royal charter granting full University status and the power to confer its own degrees (prior to this date students at Nottingham received degrees from the University of London).