This image can be used commercially
Harvey Hadden Stadium
Nottingham City Council
About this image
The stadium was opened on 8 August 1959 by Sir Arthur Porritt and was named after a local entrepreneur. It was upgraded to a synthetic (Tartan) track on 16 Jun 1974. The track is surrounded by a 460m cycle velodrome. A covered stand was built in the 1970s. The Notts. AC clubhouse is at the track. A sports centre, adjacent to the track, opened in 1990. (information from www.runningtrackdir.com) This view shows the Tartan Track being used by future Olympic athletes.