This image can be used commercially
The Pakistani Community Centre (former Woodborough Road Baptist Church)
Nottingham City Council
Woodborough Road - Alfred Street junction
Nottingham, St Anns
About this image
The Baptist Church Woodborough Road, St. Ann's, was built by Watson Fothergill in 1893. At that time it was in the heart of a densely packed residential part of the city. The unusual octagonal tower, topped with a small saddle back roof and 'bed-end' finials was designed to be seen above the rows of terraced houses and shops. The church had a Sunday school with a separate entrance. Carved stones commemorate those who founded the church. The building is a lucky survivor of the wholesale demolition that accompanied the St. Ann's redevelopment scheme in the 1970s. The building is now used as a Mosque and Pakistani Community Centre.