This image can be used commercially
Old Bunny School, Loughborough Road, Bunny, c 1940s ?
W O Ayers
Ayers, W O
c 1940s ?
About this image
The south gable of the school endowed by Thomas Parkyns in 1700. It was used until 1876 when the National School (behind it on Church Street) was opened. Attached to it on the left is the Schoolmaster's House. The entrance to the village church is through the gates on the left. There is a Latin inscription in the stones above the door and ground floor windows. Also above the door a slate stone bears an inscription and above stands the coat of arms of the Parkyns Family, surmounted by an owl (to denote wisdom). The school is now used as the village institute.