This image can be used commercially
Shop on Corner of Manchester Street and Handel Street, St. Ann's, Nottingham, 1950
Nottingham City Council
16 March 1950
Nottingham, St Anns
About this image
Thanks to contributor Alan Newman who states: "This is Handel Street and the shop is on the corner of Manchester Street."
[It was originally believed that the sideroad was Liverpool Street, but further investigation suggests Liverpool Street was the next left, further along Handel Street, just beyond the block in the image. The Vine Inn was on that corner, out of the picture, and had been there for many years. The street sign confirms the sideroad in the image as "Manchester St."]
Thanks also to Peter Mann who adds: The 38 and 39 trolley buses ran along Handel Street, onto Carlton Road, Carlton Hill and terminated at the Police Station on Cavendish Road. Opposite Liverpool Street is St Lukes Street, which is on a slight incline running down to join Carlton Road. The 38 terminated at Hooton Road, off Carlton Hill.