About this image
The architect was Watson Fothergill. Fothergill Watson (he later changed his name to Watson Fothergill) was one of the leading local architects practising in the Nottingham area from about 1870 to 1906. During these thirty or so years he designed over a hundred buildings including houses, banks, churches, shops and warehouses, many of which still survive today. He worked in the Gothic revival and Old English vernacular styles, very popular in the Victorian times. These styles were loosely based on medieval churches and castles, and 16th & 17th century tudor buildings. This image from Watson Fothergill slide 23189.