Looking towards Albert Street; Walter Fountain left.
The Walter Fountain was designed by a Mr Sutton in a Victorian Gothic style in 1866 and commissioned by Mr John Walter, son of John Walter of Bear-Wood, at a cost of £1,000. Mr Walters was a proprietor of The Times and in 1841 he stood as a Conservative candidate for Nottingham.
The fountain was demolished in the 1950s when the road was widened. It was located at the junction of Greyfriar Gate, Lister Gate and Carrington Street.