Nottingham Historical Film Unit
mid 20th century
About this image
This scene shows the Picadilly bus stop on Highbury Road, and important fare stage where drivers often waitedt to punch their time clocks. To the right of the road is the bus depot, and the wall to the left of the road belongs to the local workhouse. The two trolleybuses were part of a batch of 102 B U T (British United Traction) 9641T chassis, with Brush (of Loughborough) 70 seater bodies, which entered service between 1949 and 1951. The two depicted were built to the width of 7 feet 6inches and operated out of either Bulwell or Trent Bridge depots during their lifetime (1950 to 1965) on either the 43 route (Trent Bridge to Bulwell Market), or the 44 route (Bulwell Hall Estate to Colwick Road).