This image can be used commercially
Thomas Adams Ltd, Nottingham, 1914
Nottingham City Council
Waterlow Bros and Layton Ltd
About this image
The interior of the Finishing Department of Thomas Adams Ltd Lace Factory on Nottingham Road. Thomas Adams, owner of Adams & Page lace manufacturers, came to Nottingham in 1830, and was a major contributor to the improvement of lace working conditions. His palatial buildings, with airy open work spaces were actually criticised for being too good. The company also had premises on Stoney Street in the Lace Market. The print was taken from the commemorative book of the royal visit to the company by King George V and Queen Mary on 24 June 1914.