This image can be used commercially
The Black Boy Hotel, Long Row East, Nottingham, c 1960s
George L Roberts
Roberts, George L
late 1960's ?
Long Row East
About this image
Before demolition of The Black Boy Hotel. An inn had stood on this sight for many years when it was rebuilt by Watson Fothergill in 1887-88. He later extended and added to the hotel in 1897. With its massive central tower with dark wooden gables and a Bavarian balcony with a dark wood balustrade, it was a major landmark in Nottingham city centre until its demolition in the late 1960s. It was replaced by the concrete 1960s style 'Littlewoods' shop. Looking west from High Street.