This image can be used commercially
Richard's Garage, Hucknall Road, Carrington, Nottingham, 1931
Nottingham Historical Film Unit
About this image
Richard's Garage was situated on the west side of Hucknall Road near the junction with Hamilton Road. In 2014 there was still a filling station and carwash on the site but all the buildings seen here had been demolished.
Picture the Past website contributor Michael Costigan advises that this photo (previously dated to 1928) can in fact be dated more accurately to early 1931: 'The Austin Seven at the front of the line-up on the left is a model introduced in September 1930; couple this with the Austin Swallow in the showroom, which was discontinued in mid-1931 and it would suggest the photo dates from the winter (confirmed by the leafless trees) of 1930-31, most probably early 1931.'