This image can be used commercially
King George V and Queen Mary at the opening ceremony of the University of Nottingham 1928
Nottingham City Council
Henson and Co.
Trent Building - University of Nottingham, University Park.
About this image
From its foundation in 1881, the University College came under the authority of the Nottingham Corporation and the College's management committee was controlled by the Town Council. (In 1906-1908 D H Lawrence was a student at the University College). It was originally located on Shakespeare Street before the University re-located to its present Highfields site between Lenton-Dunkirk-Beeston. The photograph here shows part of the opening ceremony, with crowds watching the procession of King George V and Queen Mary through the quadrangle of the New Trent Building.