This is a view of the Portland stone effigy on the east facade of the school building. The School opened in September 1958 as a Bilateral Secondary School. It offered to boys and girls Grammar, Technical and Secondary Modern courses. The official opening took place in 1961. The school was planned by Reginald W Cooper, FRIBA, of Nottingham, and was built by A Mason Ltd of Mansfield. It cost approximately £100,000. Mr Arthur Davis took up the post of the first (and only) Headmaster of Corpus Christi School when it opened. Mr Davis retired from the headship when the School amalgamated with the Becket School and became the School Pastoral Counsellor until he retired in 1980. (information from www.geocities.com)
This effegy is now at the new Becket school on Becket Way - though not on display.