This image can be used commercially
Two gentlemen in a local pub
Nottingham City Council
About this image
This view shows two gentleman in a pub sharing a bottle of Shipstone's beer (James Shipstone and Son). Established in Basford in 1852, the Star Brewery developed on Radford Road with maltings, brew houses, fermenting rooms, racking rooms and coopers yards and offices. It was known as the 'Star' brewery because of the red illuminated star on top of the brewery tower. The brewery was taken over by Greenall Whitley in 1978, and the Star Brewery closed in 1990.