This image can be used commercially
Cast iron pillars, Judges' Lodgings
Nottingham, Lace Market
About this image
The County House was built as a private house, c 1728-30, and altered in 1833 by Moses Wood and James Nicholson to form the Judges' Lodgings. Part of the extension of 1833 was the neo-Greek Doric columns of cast-iron supporting an upper floor with three two-storey windows. It housed the Judges' dining room.