This image can be used commercially
'Cruck Cottage' During Demolition, Glapton Estate, Clifton, Nottingham, 1958
Nottingham City Council
Off Glapton Lane ?
About this image
The picture seen here shows the structure of the roof beams and reveals that it was built in the 'Cruck' style. To be called cruck-built, two usually slightly curved timbers form an A frame right down to the ground, supporting filled-in brickwork. This old building remained from the old Glapwell hamlet, that has since been swallowed up by the Clifton Council Housing Estate. Development on this began in 1947 when Nottingham City Corporation bought 932 acres of rural land from the Clifton Hall Estate to provide housing during the Post-War housing boom, extending the City Boundary at the same time.