This image can be used commercially
Nottingham Corporation trolley bus by the statue of Queen Victoria on the Market Place
Copyright John Banks Collection
Atkins, G H F
About this image
Trolleybuses were introduced by Nottingham Corporation Tramways in 1926, gradually replacing trams. The trams finally gave way to progress with the last tram (to Arnold) running in September 1936. The trolleybus fleet having reached its peak at this time with 106 vehicles; the largest fleet in the country. Trolleybuses were in turn withdrawn from service between April 1965 and July 1966 and replaced totally by motorised buses.