About this image
This is a view of the west end of the Market Place. The Council House stands on a site once part of Nottinghams 'great Market Place' where, from medieval times, right through the 1920`s a Saturday market was held here as well as the October 'Goose Fair' which, in the 19th. Century became a fun fair. Street names like The Poultry, Cheapside and Beastmarket Hill recall the use of the area as a market.