This image can be used commercially
Copyright -Nottingham Evening Post
Old Market Square
About this image
Quincentenary celebrations (In 1449 Henry VI granted the town its Great Charter, elevating it to 'Town and County of the same Town', making it independent of the County Sheriff and subservient only to the King). Duke of Edinburgh inspecting a guard of honour outside the Council House (8th Battalion Sherwood Foresters). Also shown (left) is Major C H Perry.