This image can be used commercially
Wood Meadows, Excavations, 1953
C E Coulthard
Coulthard, C E
About this image
Roman villa site. Looking upstream from the Sheepwash Bridge and showing a paved way leading down to the Thurgarton Beck, with what appears to be the foundations of a stone bridge discovered by Mr S Mellor (pictured) and Mr Coulthard in July 1952. Mr M W Barley's party made later developments to this site in 1955.