This image can be used commercially
High Pavement, Lace Market, Nottingham, 1975
Nottingham, Lace Market
About this image
Looking east from the west gable of the Shire Hall. On the wall in the left foreground is the plaque indicating that Henry Kirkewhite, Poet, lived there from 1798-1806. The wall serves as a boundary to a car park for the use of Shire Hall officials. The lamp standard on the left is at the junction of St Mary's Gate. The buildings on the left are used for probation after-care, and County record offices, whilst those on the right are used for commerce and light industry. Text by Reg Baker, 1975.