This picture shows the entrance and windows to the chapel.
The business premises of Thomas Adams Ltd on Stoney Street in Nottingham. The building was designed by the well known Victorian architect, Thomas Chambers Hine for Thomas Adams, owner of Adams & Page lace manufacturers. It was extended in stages over 20 years (1854-1874) as a Lace Warehouse and salesroom, and named after Thomas Adams himself, one of Nottingham's most eminent industrialists. Adams came to Nottingham in 1830, and was a major contributor to the improvement of lace working conditions. His building, with its airy open rooms and, library, classroom and chapel, was actually criticised for being too good. The Adams Building was beautifully restored with support from Heritage Lottery and European grants, and officially reopened by HRH Prince Charles in February 1999. The company also had a factory on Nottingham Road (NTGM003046).
Taken from Geoffrey Oldfield's book on Nottingham published by Breedon Books, 2007.
Please note due to donated size, this image may not reproduce clearly larger than 10x8.