Viewed from the former Chesterfield Street after the houses were demolished in the 1930s. On the left of the church was a narrow St. Nicholas Church Walk, at the end of which a flight of steps led down to Walnut Tree Lane.
St Nicholas' Church was built in 1671-82 on the site of an earlier church destroyed in the Civil War.
Taken from Geoffrey Oldfield's book on Nottingham published by Breedon Books, 2007.
Please note due to donated size, this image may not reproduce clearly larger than 10x8.