Probably originally built during the reign of Henry VI (15th Century) on the site of an older mansion and alterations and extensions made in the 1600s. The Charlton family owned the house from 1620 probably until its demolition in the 1933.
Situated approximately on the bend of the present day Farm Road; the entrance gates (see NTGM018429) were at the junction of Hall Drive and Chilwell High Road.
See the excellent links from Notts History website for full information about the hall:
Rex Series postcard reference 373.