The domed tower of the Council House looking north-east.
This view is from a commercial postcard taken by John Henry Spree (1869-1932). Spree arrived in Nottingham around 1915, having resided earlier in Hastings, Sussex where he had also published a limited number of cards using photographs he had taken himself. In Nottingham he lived initially in Lenton, his cards bearing the imprint 'Spree' or 'J Spree'.
There is an article on Spree in The Lenton Times, No 32, published by the Lenton Local History Society.
Picture the Past is grateful to website contributor Alan Spree for identifying the origin of this view and others taken by John Henry Spree.