Founded by the Barrowcliffe Family. Opened in 1886. A marble stone commemorating this is on the interior East wall, and can be seen through the second window on the left. Initials of the Barrowcliffe Family and various other people are inscribed in the brickwork on the exterior above and around the door. Last used as a chapel in August 1974. At the time of the photograph, the Chapel was awaiting conversion for use as a Youth Centre for the village.