The location is the landing stage at the end of Wharf Lane. Looking north. Nearest is the Pride of the Yare with the smaller Gorleston beyond. Both appear to be laid up (possibly for the winter) and the former vessel appears to be devoid of its funnel.
The Pride of the Yare and the Gorleston) were both owned by Eric Jackson and operated pleasure trips in the summer months from Radcliffe to Nottingham Trent Bridge. Three cruises a day used to run at a cost of two shillings (£0.10p) for the round trip. As their names suggest, both vessels had originated in Norfolk, Pride of the Yare having been built at Great Yarmouth in 1892 for the Great Yarmouth & Gorleston Steam Company. They moved to their new home on the River Trent in the early 1950s where they remained a popular attraction until scrapped at the beginning of the following decade.